(starting music: Out of the Grey – Come Clean)
1. Every year I get this weird impulse to listen to my whole music all the way through. I have no idea why I do this; it just sort of happens. This year I’ve got them sorted by album title and I’m presently in the non-alphanumerical characters. Yes, I do realize this makes me a geek, thanks for asking.
2. My phone is still broken, so if I owe you a phone call, I’m sorry, it’s not my fault.
3. Resolved: Not to buy any new yarn for any purpose until I’ve gotten rid of the stuff I already have. I’ve heard of other knitters trying to do this and not succeeding; I think I want to be the first.
4. I’ve been realizing lately how much I need to get back into the spiritual disciplines, like, you know, having a regular time for Bible study and meditation. And fasting. I’m a terrible faster, since I have this tendency to focus on the loss of the gift rather than getting to know the Giver, but who knows. There are some things I probably should be fasting and praying about; I just haven’t had the courage to do it yet. Not in a legalistic way, right, just in a “hey, this is what the Word says is a good idea in this situation, be obedient” sort of way. Humbly and without thinking it earns me God’s favor.
I’m also wanting to get more into being involved with the community, both in my church and in the city around me. It’s not always easy without a car, but it’s doable, and I need to start carving out time to do this kind of thing. I’ve been really convicted about all this lately and I need to start applying the gospel to my life instead of keeping it all internal and intellectual.
5. I’ve also been kind of convicted about how much materialistic I can be at times. Lately I’ve been tempted to sell everything I don’t really need and give the money away, but…yeah. I don’t think the parents would be too cool with that. 🙂 Still–I have been convicted lately on how much I spend on myself instead of using my money to bless other people and advance the kingdom, so that’s something I could use some prayer about.
6. Don’t worry, guys, I’m not going all legalistic on you. 🙂 This is just stuff I’ve been thinking about as an application of the gospel to my whole life, and claiming Christ as King over all areas of my life in the specifics, not just as a general principle. I mean, James is right; faith without works is dead (as are works without faith!). The gospel is a holistic thing, which is something I’ve been grappling with for the past few years, so we’ll see what happens.
7. And just to lighten things up: This is extremely entertaining. Have fun. 🙂
(ending music: Out of the Grey – Constant)