1. You know, as funny as this sounds, I’m not really a poetry person. I mean, I like poetry, I consider myself fairly competent/familiar with it, I write some of my own, too, but I’m not as into it as I am with prose or drama. Give me a well-written novel and I will proceed to devour the thing.
2. Current reads: Pride and Prejudice (oh baby), Life of Pi (second time–I love it, even if its theology sucks in a big way. I’ve discovered that a book’s worldview can be completely pagan, but I’ll like it if it’s written well. I don’t know if that’s good or not).
3. Proof that my life is a sitcom…actual dialogue that just happened:
Dad (mock-serious): I need you to know something.
Dad: Chickens are the only animals without nasal passages.
Me: That’s good to know…
Dad: I knew you needed to know that.
4. I went to a Tenebrae service last night at Kaleo…wow. I’d never been to one before, and I have to say, it’s a great opportunity to meditate on the cross. I mean, we go into celebratory mode too soon in the Easter season in evangelicalism; sometimes we need to meditate on the darker parts of the story. “For every sin on Him was laid…”
5. Look for a longer post later. I’ve got one brewing that I hope will be good.