1. It’s not anything like Lake Wobegon–too hot and not enough Lutherans–but the women are strong, the men are good-looking, and the children are above-average, at least at my house. *shrug*
2. Here’s a question: Ever noticed that there are a bunch of books of the Bible that never get preached through? Seriously, I have heard sermons on the Gospels, and Romans, and Ruth, and Ephesians, and even the book of Haggai for crying out loud (not even kidding), but there are whole sections of the Bible we never hear sermons on. There’s a challenge, all you preaching types: Next sermon series is on Obadiah or Numbers. All Scripture is God-breathed. 🙂
3. The reason I say all that is because I’m going through 1 Thessalonians and realized I’ve never heard anything preached on it, except maybe for that bit about the trumpet sounding and the dead in Christ rising. But it’s good stuff; Paul and Silas and Timothy are writing this church and saying, “Hey, we miss you, keep doing what you’re doing, we’ll try to see you soon; love Jesus and do your job.” That’s not all bad. Not a lot of lofty theological principles, but that’s not always a bad thing.
4. Isn’t it bad when you have stuff to do but you’re still bored? I need to get up off my butt and do stuff.
5. Finally, a reader survey:
a) What did you do with your long weekend?
b) If you could go to grad school (and had the desire), where would you go (or where did you go, if you went already)? What would you study?
c) What’s one thing you own that no one would guess you own?
d) What did you eat for dinner last night?
e) What’s something you want to buy but can’t afford?