(starting music: Johnny Cash and June Carter – Jackson)
1. To start this off on a somewhat sad note, an update on that prayer request: In order to keep the mom alive, the baby had to be delivered, and at twenty weeks he couldn’t live long outside of her–the funeral will be tomorrow. His name was Nathanael. Keep praying for them; on top of the emotional stress, she still has high blood pressure and won’t be back to physically normal for about a month. Thanks for praying, guys.
2. Here’s a random food for thought question: Why is euthanizing animals okay, but not people? I think I have an answer for this, even though it’s somewhat unsatisfying; I just want to hear from you guys first. Cheers.
3. We need to inject some happy into this post, like, now…
4. Oh, so I finished Michael Chabon’s new book (The Yiddish Policemen’s Union) this weekend, and I have to say that it is lovely, although I don’t really recommend it if you’re not in the mood to be immersed in Jewish culture or bad language for 400+ pages. (If you’ve never read Chabon’s work, let me introduce him by saying that he was one of the screenwriters for Spiderman 2, which is likely why it didn’t suck.)
5. Finally, I have to show you this, just on principle: