this week: 13 social/political issues that interest or concern you. my list will probably prove my crunchy liberal hippie status…
1. HIV/AIDS (not just in third-world countries, but in the States, too).
2. Sustainable agricultural methods (I know, I know…)
3. Poverty in the United States.
4. Fair trade policies.
5. The persecution of Christians.
6. Women’s rights in third-world countries (women who complain about how it is in the States have clearly never heard about other parts of the world…).
8. The whole Darfur genocide situation.
9. The pro-life/pro-choice debate (for reasons that I hope are somewhat obvious).
10. Gay marriage (you know, I still can’t come up with a satisfactory stance on this, at least in a political sense).
11. The public education system–how it works, what needs to change, what have you (and this is kind of weird, since I went to private school…).
12. Depression and suicide in teens and young adults.
13. The effects of globalization (specifically, advertising and Westernization).