this week: 13 books you want to read, but haven’t.
1. The rest of Madeleine L’Engle’s Time Quartet–I’ve read A Wrinkle in Time, but not the other three.
2. Paradise Lost (I bought it for 50 cents at a book sale and it’s been sitting on my bookshelf ever since…it’s something I’ve been meaning to read, especially since one of my favorite professors loves Milton, so…).
3. The Canterbury Tales (I’ve read parts, but I’m enough of a nerd that I want to read the whole thing).
4. Fyodor Dostoevsky, Crime and Punishment
5. Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions
6. Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita (yes, I know it’s about a pedophile, but I love Nabokov’s writing)
7. Douglas Coupland, Generation X
8. Gregory Maguire, Wicked (I have no idea how I have managed to not read this)
9. Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
10. John Piper, Suffering and the Sovereignty of God
11. C.S. Lewis, The Pilgrim’s Regress
12. William Shakespeare, A Winter’s Tale
13. Sophocles, Oedipus Rex
(Yes, I realize how nerdy this list is. Go away.)