(By the way, today is the birthday of C.S. Lewis, Madeleine L’Engle, and Louisa May Alcott, all at the same time, so happy birthday to a group of stars in the literary firmament.)
So, in sort-of celebration of my blog’s fifth birthday: 13 of the best things that have happened to you in the past five years.
1. Receiving an excellent postsecondary education from a great bunch of professors who were (mostly) very passionate about and good at what they do. (Even the crappy ones taught me something, of course.)
2. Edinburgh and all that that entailed (as if you guys hadn’t picked that up from me, heh).
3. Being able to work with a great group of people to edit this.
5. Graduating high school.
6. Finally getting over all the stupid things I did in high school, ha.
7. Multiple road trips made with friends and to see friends.
8. Multiple nights spent with friends eating stuff, or watching movies, or studying, or just talking, or maybe even all of the above.
9. Getting my driver’s license. Yes, I know.
10. The invention of YouTube. (I’m kidding. Or am I?)
11. Being able to meet and get to know and love new people, both because of this blog and because of the life that fuels it.
12. God breaking my heart and patching it up so that it looks more like His.
13. Being here.