if you don’t know what Embrace the Lame (from here on abbreviated EtL) is, an explanation: my friend and colleague Teacher Dave of blogdom fame decided we ought to have a fake Internet holiday where we all post our respective points of geekery so others can support us in them. so without further ado, my 2008 list:
1. i just figured out the other day that, through my baylor account, i still have access to lexus/nexus and JSTOR. i am so excited about this and I DON’T KNOW WHY!
2. last july, i was one of those crazy people who read the last harry potter book in less than a day, and have since spent my time considering its theological and philosophical implications. homegirl quoted 1 Corinthians 15 in it. that doesn’t happen in your everyday fantasy book, boys and girls.
3. i have a moleskine. nothing lame about that, really; they’re good little notebooks, and they have that spiffy pocket in back. what scares me a little is that i numbered all my pages, and i have an index…i fear i’m turning into a lifehacker.
4. for a while, steph and i have been dropping the occasional “word” (as in, i agree, homeskillet) in conversation, and we recently figured out that “forsooth” is the elizabethan equivalent. so that’s been showing up, too. and we find this really amusing.
5. finally…dudes. i’m becoming a librarian. i find this remarkably awesome, but apparently the stereotype runs deep. *shrug* and, look, i knit, and i read a lot of books, and i drink a lot of tea. all i need is a cat or two (or six) and i’ll be set for life. (good thing i’m not really a cat person, eh? or a small dog person, either.)