starting music: Bebel Gilberto – Um Segundo
1. I’m starting to run out of t13 topics, yo. We might have to pull some out from three years ago unless I can get some ideas (or, you know, you guys give me some good suggestions).
2. Dad and I went to see Iron Man on Saturday, and boy, oh boy, is it a fun movie. The cast is stellar, the special effects are great eye candy, and I found myself turning to my dad and going “You know, if that was real, it’d be really cool.” It’s definitely a good set-up for a sequel, too, so I guess we can look forward to that. If you go and see it, stay until after the credits.
3. Isn’t it funny how much our bodies and minds affect each other? For some reason I didn’t have any caffeine yesterday, and I was cranky and tired all day. Something as small as whether or not I have a Coke affects my whole mood. So much for that matter-spirit duality thing we have set up–and Jesus came to redeem them both together.
4. Currently reading Tim Keller’s The Reason for God, courtesy of my church (I love a church with a good book table), and it is some good stuff. Some of his arguments are familiar, but it’s good to see them all in one place and articulated so well, I think. (For those who don’t know, The Reason for God is a Christian apologetic work and Dr. Keller’s response to all those atheistic manifestos out now–think Christopher Hitchens or Richard Dawkins or all those guys.)
5. I’ve noticed (and you guys probably have, too) that I’ve been blogging less, and I think a great deal of it is that I’m just not as interested in it anymore. I mean, I don’t think I’m ever going to give it up completely, but quite frankly there are things I’d rather write about, and they’re not really bloggable things. But, you know. I have some projects in the works, and as soon as I get them off the ground I guess I’ll let you know about them. Mix Tape Monday and the T13 will probably not be going away any time soon, so don’t worry.
6. Because we haven’t done this in a while, some questions for you guys:
a) What’s one thing you’re looking forward to doing by the end of 2008?
b) What was the last thing you purchased?
c) So, uh, what are you doing for your mom for Mother’s Day (assuming your mom doesn’t read this, which I think is rather likely in most cases)?
d) Caramel or peanut butter?
e) You get an extra $100. What are you going to do with it?