…you guys get a real post.
(starting music: Shaded Red – Revolution)
1. ^ That song is so great. If you were listening to a lot of CCM in the late ’90s, like I was, you probably recognize it. Too bad the band broke up and the CD’s out of print…
2. So, something I was convicted about last week at church is that repentance doesn’t just consist in mourning about our sin, but turning out of our sorrow to the joy that is Christ. My tendency is to walk around miserable about my sin for a while and then forget to come out of my darkness into His light–and that’s the only way real change comes about. Otherwise, it’d be about my efforts and feelings, and that’d be missing the point altogether, wouldn’t it?
3. I’ve recently become addicted to a site called Sporcle. Check it out, unless you have a lot to do, in which case I really don’t recommend it.
4. I have a couple of things in the works…I might share them with you, I might not. Currently reading through all the Narnia books (and by the way, Prince Caspian is a pretty decent flick…it doesn’t hurt that Ben Barnes is pretty easy on the eyes, ahem). Gonna start Zadie Smith’s White Teeth soon. Not that this is really important or anything. Isn’t blogging great for making the mundane suddenly interesting?
5. I feel like I should be saying something a lot better than this. But I’m sleep-deprived, and haven’t really been thinking or doing anything interesting lately. Just life as normal. Work, home, out with friends on occasion, church, that’s it. The ordinary. But that’s where we all live, isn’t it? So, there it is. But if my blog ever turns into a record of what I had for lunch, please kick me in the shins. Thanks.