1. This has been an interesting week. Just saying.
2. So, I’m back at Target, but not anything out on the floor–I’m going to be working at the Starbucks inside a new store they’re opening in a month or so, so that’s at least something different. I’ve always wanted to do barista work, so here’s my shot. 🙂 It’s so funny, though–the day they told me I got the job, I’d woken up freaking out about it, how I didn’t want to work retail again, and then God goes and drops this in my lap. He’s faithful when I’m faithless.
3. Classes started this week, too, but I’ve only had one…my professor in that class looks like a slightly thinner Javier Bardem. Has the Spanish accent and everything (I believe he’s from Mexico). Slightly better haircut than Anton Chigurrh, so I’m not tempted to run screaming from the room. 😉 The class itself looks pretty interesting–it’s called Understanding and Serving Users, which is basically how to make stuff accessible so people aren’t pulling their hair out trying to figure out how it works. Rather important information to have around, I’d say.
4. Not much else to say, except I’ve been doing some exploring, both on my own and with some people, and I have to say, I love this city more and more every day. There are some seriously broken people here, lots of opportunity for the gospel to go out, and I think that’s part of the reason why I’m growing to love it–because it needs to be loved.
5. Just because I haven’t done one in a while, a reader survey:
a) So, what have you done this weekend?
b) What was the last thing you bought?
c) Where’s your favorite place to go in your city?
d) If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be?