This week: Because I’m really uncreative at the moment, 13 things that are on your mind that you can disclose.
1. I’ve had one of my friends weighing heavy on my mind for a while, and I don’t know why. Nothing’s really wrong, but something’s been bothering me and it’s driven me to my knees about it.
2. My parents miss me, which is really sweet. And I miss them. Thankfully, though, I’m not doing a repeat of my freshman year of college and calling to tell them how much I hate it here and I need to come home. 😀 Maturity helps with that quite a bit. 😉 Plus, I met some good people today.
3. I have terrible trouble remembering, when it comes to making relationships with other people, that I don’t need to impress them or make myself look cool so they’ll think Christians are cool. I mean, we’re not cool as far as the world is concerned, and if we are His it shouldn’t really matter. I don’t need to make Jesus or me as a Christian relevant or popular to my peers; He calls me to declare His name in word and deed without thought for that. I need to quit making other people my gods and instead submit to the true God so I’m free to love and enjoy other people without condition.
4. Registration is today. Hopefully I get into all the classes I need.
5. Where am I going to go to church this weekend?
6. Our apartment is a mess. I need to finish unpacking and get all these cardboard boxes out of here…
7. We need furniture. 🙂
8. Uh, so, orientation was today, and I met a lot of good people, and my adviser is a hoot, and this is a much more interesting field than I anticipated, so this is going to be a fun two years. 🙂 There are a bunch of folks from out of state, and we had a little after-party, and while we were there I discovered some of them didn’t know what queso was, which amused me.
9. Hot sun + walking + not eating = feeling kind of icky. Air conditioning + dinner helped remedy that quite a bit, though.
10. Started reading The Cider House Rules and The Gospel In a Pluralist Society today. Both very interesting. Looking forward to the rest.
11. What in the world should next week’s T13 be?
12. I need to start going to bed earlier…
13. I’m almost out of milk already. Need to go get some more tomorrow.