1. So, yeah. I kind of dig Sarah Palin. Much prefer her over Obama/Biden and even McCain himself. Obviously, I don’t agree with all her stances, but she looks like at least an interesting choice. (And, as much as I’m curious to see what an Obama administration would look like, I don’t know if I necessarily want to help usher it in. *shrug*)
Still. This election has basically reaffirmed my general state of disillusionment with American politics. Trying to figure out how to be a citizen of heaven in my earthly outpost–especially in a politically charged city like Austin. Now’s a good time to be praying.
2. All you theatre people, help a sister out: My roommate’s trying to think of a good play to do with her kids at her job. She teaches high school drama at a tiny Christian school, so her cast needs to be small (15 max, she thinks); she’s got a tiny budget but a lot of costumes; she doesn’t feel up to doing anything musical, so those are out; and, obviously, the content needs to be both age- and context-appropriate (no sex, drugs, rock and roll, or violence). We thought of Thornton Wilder’s The Matchmaker, but if you can come up with anything else suggestions are welcome. (If she gets desperate enough, I’m writing her a script. Please save her from that fate.)
3. Started my two other classes today…should be fun…I get to learn XML for one of them…
4. I need to learn how to write better for the blog. Get more focused and less mundane. Merlin Mann wrote a post about what makes a good blog and I’ve been thinking about the implications of that for what I do here. We shall see what happens.
5. That’s all I’ve got. Have a good one, kids.