This week: Your thirteen least favorite noises.
1. Brakes on a large vehicle.
2. Whiny kids.
3. Crying babies.
4. People arguing in the next room.
5. Running water.
7. The noise the espresso machine at work makes when it’s steaming milk…
8. Beeping alarms.
9. An out-of-tune instrument–especially when everyone else is in tune.
10. You know how in choirs sometimes there’s that one person who feels the need to sing louder than everyone else (usually a soprano, ahem)? That person.
11. Guitar strings popping. Not because the noise itself is particularly offensive, but broken guitar strings are no bueno.
13. The collective gasp when something goes wrong.