This week: 13 things you’d like to recommend to the rest of us.
1. Honeycrisp apples. Dang, those are good. The organic ones are doubly great because they’re HUGE.
2. The salted caramel hot chocolate at Starbucks. Sounds crazy, but it’s fantastic.
3. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly–visually and narratively very interesting, beautifully shot.
4. My Kaleo friend Chip’s blog. He’s a professional photographer…enough said. 🙂
5. Interlibrary Loan Services–I’m working on a paper and got almost all of my books that way.
6. Homesick Texan–it’s a blog on Texas food with really good-sounding recipes (homemade biscuits, anyone?).
7. Twitter. Get on the bandwagon, kids.
8. Not starting the 2012 election campaigns in 2011. 😉
9. Lesslie Newbigin’s The Gospel in a Pluralist Society. I don’t agree with everything he says, but he has some good things to say about how the church should love the world around it.
10. Pumpkin ice cream. Yum.
11. Burt’s Bee’s cuticle cream. Smells like lemons, keeps your fingers from looking like someone’s been trying to eat them in tiny bites.
12. Not wasting time. Also helpful.
13. Handmade wool socks (although maybe not in Texas weather).