Inspired by Teacher Dave’s post, this week’s topic is thirteen things that make you happy.
1. Little kids doing funny things at weddings.
2. Soccer (or, more properly, FOOTBALL) fans in other countries.
3. The smell of hot milk. I don’t know what it is, but the smell’s oddly comforting to me for some reason.
4. The fact that my chosen field is somewhat conservative in nature, and yet it attracts all sorts of liberal freaky people.
5. Robots. Yes, really.
6. Awards shows. Except maybe the Grammys. But I love stuff like the Oscars and the Tonys.
7. The Strand Bookstore in New York City–18 miles’ worth of books, people. Incredible.
8. Losing all sense of time while reading or watching or hearing a good story.
9. Knee socks. If I could find some way to wear them during the summer and not look/feel ridiculous, I would.
10. Revolving doors! There’s one at the main library at UT, but at the moment it’s broken, which is kind of depressing.
11. Holding babies.
12. Big groups of people (500+) singing together.
13. Getting stuff in the mail, even if it’s something like the electric bill.