1. Yes, I’m listening to Zooropa. Which is fantastic. Even though “Lemon” freaks me out because it gives me scary visions of Bono in eyeliner (if you haven’t seen the video for it, go watch it on YouTube and then you’ll know what I mean).
2. So, I’m thinking about trying out for American Idol this summer to see if I can get in and break the machine from the inside out…considering either “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” or “Folsom Prison Blues” for my audition song. Why the latter song? To freak them out–because it’s one thing if Johnny Cash shoots a man in Reno just to watch him die, and something else entirely if *I* do. I know, I’m a weirdo.
3. It’s been almost two weeks since I’ve been out of class, and have I done anything particularly productive? Of course not. *shakes head at self* Oh well. I am making things, though, and trying to do a major purge of my stuff, which is all kinds of fun, for real (I like organizing things–I picked a good profession).
4. I recently discovered that the three days before Ascension Day are called “rogation days”, and they’re meant to be days of prayer for the harvest and for laborers. This is why I like the Book of Common Prayer; it makes me pray for things I would never think to pray for otherwise. I mean, really? Pray for a good harvest? And yet, that’s important, because a good or bad harvest affects me here in the city as well as the people growing it. And even if it didn’t, it’s still good for me to pray for people I’ll never meet, people working hard to earn their living. Praying for rain and a good crop this year.
5. A few questions for y’all, just because:
a) So, what are you reading these days?
b) What was the last movie you saw in theaters? (I just saw Star Trek on Friday, and it was AWESOME.)
c) How can I be praying for you and yours?
d) Do you have any big plans for the summer?
e) What should next week’s Mix Tape Monday theme be?