1. I haven’t written in a while because I honestly haven’t had anything to say, and I’d much rather give you guys something substantial every once in a while than fluff really frequently, so here I am.
2. I had some kind of crazy allergic reaction to something the other day, and have been on this medication that’s seriously messed with my head (and sleeping habits, to boot). On Saturday I had this strange meds-induced existential crisis and I got all ready to write up a big post about how I don’t know what I’m doing and I need to move back to Houston–but, no. It’s funny how much clarity one can get if you reduce your dosage and get some freaking sleep, already.
I have been really convicted lately, though, about how I need to walk more in obedience to what I already know from Scripture. There are a bunch of things I haven’t been doing that I know I should be doing–actively seeking community, using my talents, investing my time in helping others, talking about Jesus. I’ve pretty much trained myself not to do these things, and it’s honestly because I’m lazy and afraid of failure, so getting there is going to be a trip. But God is faithful, and He said He’d bring me there, and that gives me hope enough to get up off my butt to start doing something about it.
3. That all being said, I am actually looking at moving back to H-town after graduation, provided I can get a job there (which may or not be that hard to do), all things considered. The longer I’ve been away the longer I miss it and all the people I’ve come to know and love there. On the other hand, there’s part of me that, well, wants to go somewhere where I can attend seminary part-time (…actually, I think I can do that in Houston, too). Seriously.
Want to know something that I think I’ve only told one person? For the past few years, my big desire has been to be part of planting a church–not as the lead planter, obviously, seeing as how I’m not a guy and all*, but being on a team in some capacity. I don’t know why, but I kind of want some theological and counseling training to maybe prep for that, if that’s in fact what God has in store for me. Maybe I’m nuts. Or maybe not. Pray for me. We’ll see what happens. 🙂
(*Some of my more, um, progressive brothers and sisters might be okay with my being a lead planter, but honey, I’m Reformed. That is not how we roll.)
4. Also, this is weird, but my reading’s kind of dropped off this year. This time last year I’d read maybe twice as much as I have by now, and I have no idea what the difference is. Trying to remedy that, but we’ll see.
5. That’s all I have, except: