1. A very dangerous, and yet sometimes very necessary prayer to pray: “Lord, if there’s anything in my life keeping me from knowing You better, take it from me, no matter what it is.” Now, this is dangerous in two ways: One, God says yes, and you get to limp around for a while without whatever it is He’s chosen to eliminate; or two, He says no, and you have to figure out how to work around it towards Him. Neither option is particularly fun. But, thankfully, it’s not like God leaves you to do it by yourself, because really, you can’t. You’re not strong enough. But He is, and He works it out in you somehow.
2. I have a random question for any pastors who might be reading out there (and I know you’re out there, y’all just don’t comment *cough*): If you weren’t doing any sort of professional ministry, what do you think you’d be doing for a living? I’m always curious about that.
3. Actually, any of y’all hiding in the back there who read but haven’t commented, I’m going to offer you a chance to just say hi, let us all know you’re here and how you’re doing. It’s okay. I don’t bite, I promise. Unless you are a spambot or a jerk, in which case I just might. 😉
4. This is a sad realization I just had: I have never heard the entirety of the Beatles White Album. For some reason this drives me crazy.
Of course, there are a lot of those things that everyone “should” have listened to or read or watched that just have never happened for me. I’ve never seen the Star Wars movies, for example, or read Jane Eyre or Animal Farm or all those other things that just sort of seem to be a given for people in our culture. Part of it may be that I just didn’t get interested in movies or books that weren’t sold at Lifeway until I was in college (I wish I were kidding), so I’m still trying to catch up, which is sort of irritating.
5. The Starbucks where I’m blogging from is playing “I Shot the Sheriff”. I don’t know why, but this is really funny to me for some reason.