This week: Now that American Idiot is a big Broadway hit, 13 albums you want to see made into a musical.
1. I have a dream of writing the musical to Andrew Osenga’s Photographs. I think it would be cool.
2. Not an album per se, but I would love to see a U2 jukebox musical about the Troubles.
3. Coldplay, Viva La Vida
4. Derek Webb, The Ringing Bell
5. Paul Simon, Graceland
6. Arcade Fire, Neon Bible (actually, scratch that, someone’s done that already)
7. Flaming Lips, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots (actually, I think someone’s developing this, too)
8. Andrew Bird, Andrew Bird and the Mysterious Production of Eggs
9. The Frames, Dance the Devil
10. The Avett Brothers, I and Love and You
11. Sufjan Stevens, Illinois
12. Over the Rhine, Ohio
13. Rufus Wainwright, Want One/Want Two