This week: Thirteen things that you want in life.
1. I want to be known as someone who loves God and loves her neighbor, not for what they can give me, but for and as themselves.
2. I want to be a good wife and mother.
3. I want to find satisfaction in the work I do, but not be consumed by it. I want a job where I can help people, where I can add some shalom to the world, but also one that lets me pursue other callings.
4. I want to find ways to serve and love the community I live in.
5. I want a house where I can welcome people in–a place where people can eat together, stay if they need a home, feel like family. It doesn’t have to be big or fancy, just big enough. But it does need to have a porch and a backyard, just saying.
6. I want to serve the church. I don’t know exactly what that’s going to look like in a year, or five years, or fifty years, but I want to find some way not to just serve my own congregation, but the church as a whole.
7. I want to get to know my family better.
8. I want to be more conscious of how I treat the world.
9. I want to find a group of people to sing with.
10. Not gonna lie–I want a dog.
11. I want to get more politically involved and educated.
12. I want to check off a lot of the stuff on my bucket list, but not alone, if I can help it.
13. I want to figure out concrete ways to pursue all of this.