this week: 13 of your favorite things that happened this year.
1. Social Media class.
2. Watching the Lost finale at Dave’s.
2a. My friend Hannah’s tweet from Germany a couple of days after: “LAPIDUS!!!!!!!” Also, reading it to Steph while we ate lunch at Five Guys (I have no idea why I remember this, but it was entertaining).
3. This one game night we had at Jesse and Dorea’s that was loads of fun.
4. David & Nicole’s wedding!
5. Being in Houston for Jen’s birthday. Eating cupcakes and drinking drinks with people and wanting to punch Will Conrad.
6. All the random laughter-inducing things that happen at NPR, including getting strangled for an audience.
7. The Grace DC church retreat (pocket flamethrowers!)
8. How excited people got when I told them about my internship.
9. Getting done with my freaking degree…
10. My seven-year high school reunion.
11. Tiny Desk Concerts–Stile Antico, Black Dub, The Heligoats, Nick Lowe(!), Richard Thompson, Nellie McKay, Turtle Island String Quartet…others I think I am forgetting…
13. The things I treasure most: All the conversations had with other people over coffee, over dinner, over lunch, in Google Chat, in AIM, in e-mails, on the phone, in which we got to know each other, hashed out life, talked each other down off our crazy ledges, killed time, loved one another, held one another up.