1. I just saw True Grit and now I have “Leaning On the Everlasting Arms” stuck in my head. There are worse things. I thought that was an interesting choice to score the film with, all things considered.
2. Resigning yourself to your fate is not quite the same thing as faith.
3. For some unknown reason I’ve been jonesing for milkshakes lately. [Insert obligatory There Will Be Blood reference here.]
4. I think grad school rendered me nearly incapable of being able to think deeply about things. [The irony of that is not lost on me.] It feels like I’m still recycling the same stuff from college, and it’s making me a little sad. There are things I want to research, but since at the moment I feel like I don’t have a real reason to besides my own edification, I’m just not doing it.
5. I need something to write about.