This week: Inspired by the blog To My Wife (by which I am utterly charmed, I might add), 13 notes for your future spouse (sorry to leave out you married folks).
1. Please, please, never grow a mustache, ironic or not.
2. If we have to get a minivan, I’m plastering the back with rock band stickers.
3. The hair is going to stay short. Trust me, it’s better this way.
4. I will, on occasion, feel compelled to quote The Princess Bride or Monty Python’s Holy Grail at you. It’d be funnier if you joined along, but whatever.
5. If you happen to be a Baptist, fine, we won’t baptize the kids. But while we’re dedicating them, I’m going to be thinking there should be a bowl of water involved, just saying.
6. There are people who loved the ending of Lost, and people who hated it. I fall squarely in the former camp.
7. If you want to go skydiving or bungee jumping or something insane like that, you can totally go, but I’m going to be a nervous wreck while you do it.
8. There are very few things in the world that outright irritate me. Not shutting cabinet doors is one of them.
9. You can call me “Mandy” only if you’re singing the Irving Berlin song to me. (Skip to 2:23.)
10. I fidget a lot in my sleep, so I apologize in advance for kneeing you in the ribs.
11. You know that thing with the stuff that you like? I’ll pick some up for you.
12. If I’m really upset–not angry, but frustrated or depressed or generally sad or worried, maybe, which happens a lot (just a warning)–the best thing you can do is listen and stroke my hair, because for some reason that helps.
13. I know my hands are tiny, but they’re strong, so you can hold them a little more tightly than you think you can.