1. Title courtesy of the Beyonce song, of course, but specifically from this excellent cover (HT: Teacher Dave):
2. There’s something coming soon. I don’t know what it is, but it just seems like a lot of people in my world have their ears perked up listening for it. There’s this general feeling of anticipation of something. Like I told a friend today, it’s like Easter; Jesus keeps showing up in odd places, and I’m in the upper room waiting for Him to do whatever it is He’s going to do next.
3. So, since my last post I have come to the conclusion that maybe I’m tired of running away from stuff. Maybe it’s time to slay some dragons instead of relocating every time they breathe a little fire at me. And maybe that’s the beginning of something. But who knows.
4. I just got the new Sufjan album. It is fun. It’s a lot like his old weird A Sun Came days, only without being quite as weird. (There are no songs about rice pudding, for example.) I love what he does with his voice on this album, too. However, I can anticipate that this is going to be one of those things I’m going to have to be in a very specific mood for.
5. Convicting exchange in an article on Boundless.org:
“First, have more charity. About those schlocky little pictures in the bulletin: Art too can serve God, and I’m all for good taste. Even so, good taste isn’t one of the spiritual virtues. There must be many holy people who have bad taste. Surely you don’t imagine that those ladies in the church office who put together the bulletin are your spiritual inferiors.”
Peter looked uncomfortable.
“Peter! Have you been imagining —?”
“Um,” he said.
“Never mind; you get my point.”
“Yes,” he confessed.
6. Well. That being said, here’s this:
7. Okay, good night!