1. I wonder if the drought in Texas keeps on happening so people with the Jesus vaccine (i.e., just enough Jesus to not actually catch Him) will actually turn to Him. I hope. When it rains, that will be glory indeed.
2. There’s a blogger I read and respect a great deal that just announced today that he can’t get into Paul Simon. My respect for him has decreased just a little bit. (Just a little bit. But still.)
3. We, as evangelicals, and maybe as Christians in general, really suck at lamenting and grief. We have almost no vocabulary for it. And I wonder if that isn’t somehow doing the suffering people in our midst some disservice. At the very least, I wonder if it doesn’t betray some lack of faith that God is strong enough to sustain us if we’re not happy all the time.
4. The weather today was amazing. Wish there was some rain to go with it, but maybe we’ll have a cold(ish) winter this year.
5. This probably isn’t a good sign, but I’m always slightly suspicious of the times when I’m actually feeling pretty up. I think in the back of my mind is the nagging threat of “okay, what’s going to be next?” Which is silly. Suffering’s gonna come, but let it come in its time and don’t worry about it. Easier said than done for me, but something that needs to be done nonetheless.
6. Random thing you can pray for me about, if you pray: I haven’t been sleeping very well lately, and when that happens, my brain tends to short-circuit after a while.
7. That’s all I’ve got. Hope y’all are well.