I don’t want to call these resolutions; I want to do something concrete and real instead of having a vague, abstract idea (which is kind of the thing I’ve been hammering all year, right?). It looks like a lot, I think, but I’ve seriously been thinking about reining in my life and actually acting like a grown-up. I mean, I’m about to turn 27. I’m in my late twenties now. If I were in an earlier generation, I would be married with a ton of kids by now. It’s time I at least wore something besides jeans and t-shirts every day.
So here we go:
* Actually dress like a grown-up: What do I mean? At the very least, I’d like to shed this slacker college student thing I have going now and get more professional-looking clothing. Nice tops and pants that aren’t jeans and dresses and such. Some jewelry. Nice shoes. That kind of thing.
* Fit back in my prom dress: Why? One, it’s a super-cute dress, and I’d like to get more than one wearing out of it, and I’d also like to find an event to wear it to. Two, that was about thirty or forty pounds ago, and so if I can fit in it, that means I’ve lost thirty or forty pounds. Which is good. Also, it’s #15 on my bucket list, so that’s one crossed off.
* I am not allowed to buy any books until I’ve read all the ones I own. This could mean that this spills over into 2013.
* Kick my caffeine addiction. It’s just time.
* Move out of my parents’ house. Again, it’s just time.
* Get a library job. Here’s hoping. 🙂
* Go to SWTX PCA/ACA, ALA Annual Meeting, and The Gospel Coalition Women’s Conference, if I can.
* Write for at least 30 minutes a day.
* Get through five whole television series on DVD/Netflix Streaming. This is going to be a feat for me, believe it or not.
* Cross five things off of my bucket list. Some of you readers will be involved, so you have been warned. 🙂
So that’s it! What are yours?