1. I’m in a period of my life where God is teaching me how to trust Him and wait for His timing and that He’s doing stuff even though I may not necessarily see it happening. This drives me absolutely nuts, because I am an NJ in Myers-Briggs and like to know where we’re going and how we’re getting there. And God knows this about me, which is why He sticks me in a lot of situations where I have to shut up and follow Him anyway. Because He loves me. And in my own small, imperfect way, I love Him, too, and so I have to choose to go with Him. (But He drives me nuts.)
2. I’m giving up books for Lent, Lauren Winner-style. (Stop laughing; I can hear you all the way over here.) I catch myself identifying more with what I know and being known as That Girl Who Reads A Lot, all the while ignoring the Book that ought to define me. So. No reading it is, aside from the Bible and a devotional book I’ve been using (Spurgeon’s Morning and Evening, which is great). I am actually kind of nervous about this.
3. Of course, the temptation is to blitz through a lot of movies with all that non-reading time I’ll have, which I feel like is kinda missing the point, but I still might do anyway…
4. Being honest about yourself to other people is terrifying, but it is amazing, like stepping off the ledge of a building and finding a giant bunch of pillows at the bottom.
5. That’s all I have. Good night, y’all.