Hi, everybody. It’s Saturday. I’m getting over a sinus-and-chest congestion something (I blame all the post-Harvey crap in the air) and the steroid I got put on is making me feel a little crazy. But life continues to be mysterious and grand. I’ve had multiple lovely conversations with friends this week, and my prayer life is somehow opening up, and God is good.
On to the links!
- A handful of H-E-B employees rode out Harvey together at their store.
- Holy smokes, this is gorgeous. I’ve had the chorus stuck in my head for the past couple of days. (Also, who else is excited that Prairie Home Companion is starting back up in a couple of weeks?)
- Something something millennials and avocados. Whatever, this is cute.
- Jim Carrey recently made a short film about art and Christ and Pop Culture posted an excellent article about it.
- I WANT TO GO TO HERE.
- Wendy Alsup wrote an excellent article for Christianity Today about women’s head coverings, Old Testament captives of war, and protecting the dignity of women.
- The church I visited last week opened their service with this song and I’ve had the chorus to this one stuck in my head all week, too.
- And I’ve been praying the Lord’s Prayer differently after hearing this sermon that ties it to the Two Great Commandments (love God and love your neighbor).
Have an excellent rest of your weekend. Love y’all.