“It’s another Saturday [afternoon] and I ain’t got nobody / I got some money ’cause I just got paid…”
Happy Saturday, dear readers. Not much going on in my neck of the woods, so I’ll just go straight to the links:
- Pansori is a Korean storytelling and musical tradition–just the clips in that link make me want to track down some more.
- I heard about Big Table through an interview with its founder, Kevin Finch (Eugene Peterson’s nephew, for you theology wonks). We tend to forget about the folks who make our food, and how hard it can be; Big Table seeks to be church to them. I’d love to do something like this in Houston (although my Spanish would have to get better).
- Lovely article from Abby Hummel on The Sound of Music and current-day social issues.
- I would be remiss if I didn’t link y’all to Lin-Manuel Miranda and friends singing for Puerto Rico.
- Or to Chance the Rapper’s new song, for that matter.
- Eater has some reporting up about suburban restaurant chains like TGI Friday’s and Olive Garden and the like, and how we millennials are supposedly killing them.
- Finally, there’s a lecture on tonight at Lanier Theological Library, starting at 7–if you’re reading this the day of its publication, I think there’s still time to register.