Hey, everyone. It’s a lovely Saturday here in southeast Texas–the temperatures today were cool enough for me to actually have to sit and warm my car up this morning. Astros are up 2-1 in the World Series, glory be, especially considering one of those games is the first World Series game they’ve won, like, ever. So that’s pretty exciting, and after the late summer/early fall that we had around here, we could use a little of the good kind of excitement. Game 4 tonight!
Anyway, here are the links:
- File under “visiting churches means learning new songs”: All Sons and Daughters, “Rising Sun.” Fred Hammond, “You Are the Living Word.” Matt Boswell, “His Mercy is More.” Rend Collective, “My Lighthouse.”
- Also, I just happened to find this in my travails through the Internet, but just in time for Reformation Sunday (tomorrow, y’all!), “Reformation Song.”
- Speaking of the Reformation, this article by Sarah Condon reminds us *why* we celebrate it. (If you don’t do women’s ordination, you can still skip ahead to the end; that part’s especially good.)
- What happens behind the scenes at the Metropolitan Opera? Here’s a video that shows you.
- This is a great interview with Johnny Cash about performance, chronic pain, and gospel songs.
- Besides being about a pretty relevant topic, this Bible Project video on justice is just gorgeous, art-wise.
Y’all have a good rest of your weekend. Much love to you.