What a heck of a week, huh guys? I was listening to this week’s It’s Been A Minute and they mentioned the Mueller indictments and I was like, wait, that happened this week?
And then my hometown baseball team won the World Series and the whole city kind of collectively lost its mind. I didn’t get a whole lot of sleep the first half of the week because I was staying up watching those games (and now have a low-key crush on Charlie Morton).
Anyway, as you read this I’ll be sitting in a membership class for a church I’m interested in, and then getting ready for my friend’s baby sprinkle tonight. (I love that term–this is her second baby, so it’s not as big as a shower, it’s just a little bit of a sprinkle, you see.)
On to the links!
- Speaking of the Astros, at the celebration downtown on Friday a lady dropped her hat from near the top of a parking garage, and then…well, watch what happened. It’s so great.
- This XKCD nails an annoying aspect of internet culture. Figure out healthy ways to express your feelings, people!
- On abuse and the power of grace.
- This is gorgeous and I want to have a dinner party just for an excuse to use it: A liturgy for feasting with friends.
- An uncomfortable but necessary article on the church and domestic abuse.
- The website Mockingbird published an ebook this week called Never Satisfied Until Satisfied In Thee: Finding Grace in Hamilton. A couple of folks I’m internet-friendly with have essays in it. (Psst. I do, too. *runs away*)
- Mr. Rogers visits Yo-Yo Ma.
That’s all I have. Have a good rest of your weekend, folks.