This week: 13 goals for 2018. I have to do really concrete, measurable things or else I won’t do them:
- Memorize three things on this big list I have of things I want to memorize, because I’m a giant nerd.
- See five live concerts or theater.
- Try a new restaurant at least once a month.
- Go on a vacation out of town–which I haven’t done since…2014?
- Sign up for a 5K and actually do it.
- Finish all the book series I’m in the middle of.
- Actually read all of the books in this year’s Tournament of Books at The Morning News.
- Read at least five books by authors of Asian descent.
- Write and record a song.
- Submit at least one article proposal per quarter.
- Go on a date. (The tricky part will be finding someone to go on a date with.)
- Another nerd thing: Catalog all of my books and add bookplates to them.
- Someone on the staff at my new church proposed the idea that we start a small library–my goal is to actually write and submit a proposal and do it.