Happy Epiphany! (Also: 20+C+M+B+18.) Today in the church calendar we celebrate Jesus being visited by the Magi, and thus also that the Jewish Messiah also came to save us Gentiles and pagans, a fact this near-thoroughly Gentile woman very much appreciates. And we also celebrate all the ways that Jesus shows up and shows off His glory in unexpected places, culminating in His transfiguration the Sunday before Lent. How is God showing up in your life these days? Just something to ponder today.
I am currently sitting on my floor watching YouTube videos and eating noodles. In a minute I need to take out my trash and go get the oil changed in my car, so all in all a pretty low-key Saturday. I may come home and watch a movie and eat some more of these noodles and do some laundry so I actually have clean clothes to wear to work next week, or I may just blow off responsibility entirely and go walk around Target and spend money on stuff I don’t need. Or something. Who knows. This is the only Saturday this month I don’t have anything on my calendar, so I intend to enjoy it fully and introvertedly.
Anyway, here are the links–not many this week, as I haven’t really been reading a whole lot online:
- Speaking of Epiphany, Wesley Hill has a lovely post about it–and Star Wars–on Mockingbird.
- “I felt like your guardian,” she said. “You totally were,” he said. The spouses of two authors of books about dying fell in love.
- I went down the rabbit hole of flowers and their meanings. (Seriously, it’s a whole thing.) Wikipedia has a handy table if you feel like flirting with and/or disappointing someone with plants. (There’s also one for the Japanese meanings.)
- The new Bruno Mars single is straight out of the early ’90s and I love it.
- This doggo took herself sledding and it is adorable.
Have a nice rest of your weekend!