(This is going up later than I expected, oops.)
Well! Hello. Tomorrow is my 33rd birthday. Like I told some friends tonight at dinner, once I turned 30, every birthday since then has just been like…eh, the number changed, that’s cool, I guess. When I turn 40 I think I’ll make a bigger deal of that, but right now? Eh. I’ll eat some ice cream and move on with my life.
I do always wonder what my birth parents do when my birthday rolls around. Do they even remember that it’s my birthday? Do they pause sometime in their day and wonder how I’m doing? Who knows. I hope they’re doing well. One day I hope I can tell them in person that my life has been pretty good, and that I’m thankful to them for it.
Tomorrow on the day proper I’m going to church and a baby shower, and then I think I’ll treat myself to a movie and a fancy drink at the Alamo Drafthouse out in Katy. I think this year is going to be good.
Anyway! Here are the links:
- What it took to get dressed as a woman in 18th-century England.
- Have y’all ever messed around with Google Arts & Culture? Google puts together online collections of art and virtual tours of cultural centers, and it’s a fun rabbit hole to go down.
- Somebody synched up their marble run with Tchaikovsky’s “Waltz of the Flowers” and it’s amazing (but also makes one wonder how they found the time).
- Have you ever seen someone perform on a Cyr wheel? I saw someone use one on So You Think You Can Dance ages ago and I’m kind of obsessed with them. This performance is especially lovely.
- The title of this video explains itself: 5 Songs You’ve Never Heard That You’ve Heard 1000 Times.
Good night, y’all. Have a good rest of your weekend.