This week: A reiteration of this post–things you like to drink, and the occasions on which they are drunk.
- Before and during church: Coffee, with some almond milk (which they’ve just started putting out with the half and half, thank God) and a raw sugar.
- At three in the afternoon at work: A cold Diet Coke, or a HEB knockoff version thereof, or a cup of tea, depending on how prepared I am that day.
- Sunday afternoons, with a book: A cider straight out of the fridge.
- Summer evenings when it’s 9000 degrees outside: A gin and tonic with a lot of lime, or an Arnold Palmer, or a big glass of water, or a grapefruit Topo Chico.
- During parish: Whatever flavor LaCroix someone has brought for the evening.
- At a fancy cocktail bar: If they have sparkling wine, a French 75; otherwise, whatever the house specialty is.
- On road trips: The biggest cup of coffee to be had, or a medium Dr Pepper on ice, preferably from Bucee’s.
- At the movies: Diet Coke, but lately nothing.
- Between Thanksgiving and New Year’s: I make a variation on a dark and stormy that uses cranberry instead of lime, and I call it a merry and bright, haha.
- After trips to Target: I’ve had to curb this habit lately, but the Target brand blueberry kombucha is actually really good.
- Right before bed: I try to chug a glass of water with my vitamins.
- Wednesday mornings: I meet a friend at Starbucks for accountability and prayer, and I usually get a misto with soy milk. (Tastes like a latte and is $1.50 cheaper.)
- When I’m trying to eat better: Blueberry-banana-peanut butter smoothies. Sometimes with some spinach blended in if I have any.