This week: In honor of summer and 90 degree weather being right around the corner, 13 things you do to stay cool.
- I don’t wear jeans after the first 85 degree day. Denim is hot as heck.
- Libraries are especially air-conditioned because books (and computers) hate heat and humidity, so I think I chose wisely as far as professions go, as far as keeping cool is concerned.
- Lots of dresses. And when I can’t do a dress, chinos. (Chinos are lighter weight fabric than jeans, so I don’t feel as sweaty in them.)
- Sweet tea, lemonade, iced coffee, water.
- Despite the superstitions of my homeland, I sleep with the ceiling fan turned on blast.
- The occasional gin and tonic outside on my porch. (And also maybe white wine.)
- POPSICLES (I bought a popsicle mold last year and never used it; time to fix that this year.)
- Air conditioning in the car on the highest setting.
- Movies at the movie theater.
- Rinsing off with cold water at the end of showers. (This is apparently supposed to be good for one’s hair, too.)
- You know those little paper folding fans? I kind of want to get a whole bunch and just carry them around in my purse.
- Sometimes, though, you have to just give up and embrace the heat, which ends up happening anytime I’m outside for more than ten minutes.