This week: 13 things you do for self-care.
- Get counseling when I need it
- Vitamin D supplement, probiotic, OTC allergy meds, fish oil
- I’m trying to get better about consistent exercise…
- Also trying to get better about eating well.
- Starting to get better about wearing sunscreen.
- I paint my own toenails because I’m one of those people that hates pedicures.
- Once a year I’ll do a foot peel–you soak your feet in this liquid for an hour and then over the next few days your dead skin all peels off. It is mildly horrifying, but your feet feel and look amazing afterwards.
- I’m not totally consistent about this, but I use the Headspace app to do some deep breathing in the morning or to help me fall asleep and it’s great.
- Also trying to hang out with my people more, because community is necessary and good.
- Can we count church here? I suppose that is not so much self-care as it is being open to God’s care for me, yes?
- Every once in a while I’ll do a brain dump in my notebook–just make myself write anything that comes to mind for 10-15 minutes and fill up a couple of pages. Surprisingly helpful.
- Need to schedule it for this year, but yearly checkup at the doctor.
- Creative endeavors–knitting, guitar, etc.